A recent informal survey to some leading insurance companies around the country revealed what they deem important for their subscribers in cancer care. Based on this informal survey, cancer care coverage should be about:
- Best possible clinical outcomes
- Satisfaction and positive experience for the patient
- Control variable and total costs
- Improved survival rate and return of productivity for patients
- Meaningful proof of quality and value
This same informal survey of insurance companies also concluded that cancer care centers and patients have very similar goals. Throughout this website you will find articles, tools, and other resources that provide helpful information for all cancer care patients, insurance companies, health care teams and stakeholders. These efforts are directed towards enhancing quality, value and positive outcomes.