The following tools and technologies are intended to assist cancer centers with efficiency, quality and value in the area of patient management. Assistance from your Group Purchasing Organization: Contact your GPO for the latest tools and technologies to assist with your initiative.
Pathway Management: There are many IT solutions available for the assisting with pathway management and compliance.
- Click HERE for a comprehensive document that compares all of the pathway tools listed below.
- Value Pathways and Clear Value Plus – NCCN, The US Oncology Network, and McKesson Specialty Health’s transparent, evidence-based clinical content available through software which automatically captures guideline and pathway selections to demonstrate your practice’s quality to payers.
- New Century - Pathway management from New Century Health, a national specialty care management company that partners with physicians and payers.
- eviti | Advisor – A comprehensive oncology decision support resource that empowers medical and radiation oncologists with real-time information to make treatment decisions.
- Via Oncology - Via pathways were initially developed by UPMC in 2005
- Pathware – A pathway tool from Cardinal Health
Patient Portal: Navigating Cancer is the leader in 3rd party patient portals for cancer patients and their families. Be sure to mention your pursuit of OMH recognition when contacting them.
Survivorship Tools: Tools that can assist with survivorship planning for patients and their families.
- Cancer Survivorship Training Inc.
- Journey Forward's *Survivorship Care Plan Builder* is a free, software tool designed to help oncology professionals create custom survivorship care plans, based on ASCO's treatment summary templates and surveillance guidelines. There are templates for breast cancer, colon cancer, diffuse large B cell lymphoma, lung cancer and a generic template that can be modified for all cancer types. Visit Journey Forward's Survivorship Care Plan Builder .
- Journey Forward’s *Survivorship Library* is an online database of select articles on survivorship care. Visit journeyforward.org/library and search by cancer type, audience or other criteria for information that can help you or someone you care for make the transition from patient to survivor.
Psycho/Social Screening and Intervention Cancer Support Community - An automated tool that can assist with important psycho/social screenings and interventions.
ASCO – Quality Oncology Practice Initiative
Clinical Guidelines - ASCO clinical practice guidelines serve as a guide for doctors and outline appropriate methods of treatment and care.